A little while ago I opened up a piece of mail that I received from the Republican National Committee. It pissed me off so much that I just had to write a reply.
Here is the letter:
(and no, they didn’t address it to Mr. Rightwingrebel.)
Dear Mr. Rightwingrebel,
I don’t want to believe you’ve abandoned the Republican Party, but I have to ask… Have you given up ?
Our records show we have not yet received your Republican National Committee membership renewal for the critical 2008 presidential election year.
As the Treasurer of the RNC, I know our Party’s success depends directly on grassroots leaders like you.
So I am surprised and concerned especially because I know how generously you supported President Bush and the RNC in the past. You helped to advance our vision for America and elect Republicans at all levels of government.
Mr. Rightwingrebel, I know other things come up, and perhaps you’ve just been delayed in renewing your membership. If that’s the case, I understand.
But we’ve not heard from you this year — and I hope you haven’t deserted our Party.
Your generous financial assistance and active involvement are more important than ever as we work to elect a new Republican president and Congress.
There is so much at stake. The Democrats are determined to put a liberal like Barack Obama in the White House, expand their narrow majorities in the U.S. House and Senate, and push our country to the Left with their agenda of high taxes, big government and weakened national security.
Big Labor, radical liberal protest groups and Hollywood elites are planning to spend more than $500 million to defeat Republicans and aid the Democrat power grab.
Mr. Rightwingrebel, the RNC relies on the voluntary support of Republican activists like you.
That’s why I urgently need you to renew your RNC membership for 2008 with a contribution of $1,000, $500, $250, $100, $50 or even $25.
The men and women who will represent us in this year’s election are hard at work building strong campaigns.
And so is the RNC. We are doing our part to provide the research, staff support, voter registration, volunteer recruitment and training, and direct financial assistance our candidates need to win.
The RNC is the ONLY Republican organization permitted by federal law to directly support our presidential nominee.
If we fail to hold the White House and make gains in Congress, the Democrats have made clear they will overturn every reform you helped President Bush achieve.
Democrat presidential candidates and the Reid/Pelosi-run-Congress have promised to repeal the Bush tax cuts, retreat from the War on Terror and increase the size of government through their one-size-fits-all health care plan.
We cannot allow them to succeed ! That’s why your renewed commitment is so important.
So if you have delayed in renewing your membership because you feel the RNC has let you down, or no longer needs you, please let me know. I want to hear from you.
Just include your comments and suggestions with the enclosed Membership Confirmation and return with your 2008 membership renewal check. You can also renew by calling 1-800-445-5781 or via our secure website at www.GOP.com/Treasurer2008.
But please don’t turn your back on our Republican candidates running for office from the Courthouse to the White House; they are counting on your support. Renew your RNC membership today. Thank you.
P.S. The 2008 elections are critical to the future of our nation. We need the support of every Republican to retain the White House, regain Congress and elect GOP legislators at all levels. Please don’t quit on our Party and our cause now. Renew your RNC membership today.
Below is my reply, I don’t know if I am going to even bother to mail it, it probably will not do any good. But I decided to post it here.
Dear Mr. Morgan,
I was so angered upon receiving the most recent fundraising request letter from the Republican National Committee, this particular one signed by you, that I have decided to reply.
You may be asking yourself what is it that upset me so much? Well, imagine my surprise when I open up the envelope from the RNC and read the very first paragraph which stated:
I don’t want to believe you’ve abandoned the Republican Party, but I have to ask… Have you given up?
Quite frankly I was insulted, because it is myself who has been asking the same question of the Republican Party… Has it given up?
No Mr. Morgan, it is not I who have abandoned the Republican Party, but it is the GOP who sadly has abandoned myself and many other Conservatives like me.
Our current presumed, Presidential nominee is a man who contemplated leaving the Republican Party himself in the early portion of 2001, upset after having failed to win the nomination during the previous year’s primary cycle. He is a man who seriously considered joining the John Kerry ticket and running as his vice-presidential candidate in 2004.
This is the face of the Republican Party?
In the past ten years the Republican Party has slid more and more to the left, to such a point that except for only a handful of issues it is extremely difficult to tell the difference between a Republican and a Democrat these days.
Thanks to so-called Republicans we have seen:
- The Federal budget as well as the Federal Government in general balloon to proportions so gigantic, that even some of the biggest died-in-the-wool “big government” liberals are secretly envious at what our Republican President Bush has been able to do in that regard.
- McCain/Feingold, drafted by our current presumed nominee and signed into law by our Republican President, which has completely trampled over the 1st Amendment.
- McCain/Kennedy, another disgusting attempt at kissing up to Liberals by our current presumed nominee, which would have given a free pass to millions of law breaking illegal immigrants and was fully supported by our current Republican President.
- Two brave Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean, who instead of receiving praise for a job well done have received jail sentences while the scumbag, drug trafficking, illegal they took down receives deals from federal prosecutors.
I’m sorry Mr. Morgan, but I cannot reward Republican Party for its bad behavior by giving it my hard earned money.
Rest assured, despite the fact that on a whole host of issues, Sen. McCain is nothing more then a Democrat-lite, I will be holding my nose in disgust as I cast my ballot for him this November. I believe the stakes are far too high to let a political novice, with the false sirens cry of “change” masking his socialist tendencies into the White House. But, what I will not be doing anytime soon is parting with any of my money to give to the RNC.
Maybe if the RNC decides to:
- Fight to seal our nations borders nice and tight,
- Round-up, arrest and deport law breaking illegal immigrants.
- Apply heavy handed punishments to companies and indivisuals who support and employee illegals,
- Free and fully pardon the wrongfully imprisoned Border Patrol Agents,
- Denounce and repeal McCain/Feingold,
- Stand up to Al Gore and the lunatic global warming zeolets,
- Make a commitment, to start tapping into our Nations crude oil deposits and drill in places like ANWR
- Make a commitment to building new refineries here in America.
- Make a commitment to ending all pork barrell spending,
- Make a comitment and a true efffort to DECREASE the size of the Federal Government
- Make a commitment to decreasing taxes and simplifying the tax code,
- Make a true commitment to standing by the time honored and true Conservative principles of Liberty, Personal Freedom and Indivisual Responsibility.
I might consider parting with my money, but not until I see the GOP as a whole abandon its decade long swing to the left, and realign itself as a true Conservative Party, and not until I see the GOP apologize and make amends to Conservatives like myself whom it has abandoned.