A great American has gone on to the hereafter this week as Harry Browne; the Libertarian Party candidate for President in 1996 and 2000 has succumbed to Lou Gehrig’s disease this past week. He was 72 years old.
In a time when I was still slightly jaded as to the view of the world in which I live, I thought that I was a Libertarian and actually voted for Browne in the election of 2000 along with 384,430 other American voters.
I no longer consider myself a Libertarian, shortly after 9/11 disagreeing with the lp’s views on the war in Afghanistan and the war on Terror, I realized that my values, while somewhat Libertarian leaning, were not in line with the parties.
I still however, hold Mr. Browne in high regard as a great American thinker, a great economist and a champion of a smaller Federal government. While I disagree with his viewpoints on foreign policy, homeland security and immigration, he had some excellent ideas for Social Security reform, and for lessoning the size of the federal government.
During Mr. Browne’s time as a candidate, he made the Libertarian party the only 3rd party that was worth paying any attention to. RIP, Mr. Browne.
For more Click Here.
- @KenCarman https://t.co/DGQqUoK0I47 days ago
- American Legion Riders Pig Roast today! Piggies are roasting! #PigRoast #SuckitPeTA #pigs #NEOBikers #NEOHBikers… https://t.co/IvwQKP5wHB8 days ago
- Where the hell do I begin? I don't even know. Oil pump took a crap on me. I hope nothing else got fucked up. #Dyna… https://t.co/hTtqNYlzXW8 days ago
- While I am a firm believer that a clean bike is a bike that isn't ridden, every dirty little girl needs a good bath… https://t.co/0HN4ZBhlc213 days ago
- On the bike, stopped for Ice Cream. Cookie Explosion! @ Jerry's Dari-Pride https://t.co/u555s7K6Wi13 days ago
- I won 3rd place for full sleeve black & grey & 2nd place for full sleeve color at the tattoo competition at the Lou… https://t.co/jDrVaJ61Vh13 days ago
The Eagle (feat. George Strait)
Living For A Song: A Tribute To Hank Cochran
37 days ago