For about the last five or six weeks now I have tried to make an effort to live healthier and take over all better care of myself. Mostly due to some health issues that I have had recently, which unfortunately my doctor says are unrelated to not taking good care of myself. I however don’t want to pump my-self full of medication unless it’s absolutely necessary, so I’ve cut out pop, fast food and a lot of processed junk. My diet lately has consisted of protein shakes, scrambled egg whites and lots and lots of salad.
I needed to mix in something different. So tonight, while chopping up some green peppers that were intended to be set aside and used for salad, I decided I’m going to cook something. I just didn’t know what that something was until I was halfway done with it.
I had remembered how when I was little my grandmother would chop of vegetables very fine and “sneak” them into ground hamburger meat as her why of getting me to eat my vegetables. I decided to try something similar.
Ground Turkey & Spinach Chili
- 1 lb. Lean ground turkey
- 1/2 Bag packaged baby spinach
- 1 Large green pepper
- 1 Large red onion
- 2 8 oz. Cans of tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz. Can of great northern beans
- Chopped garlic
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
1) I took about 1/4 of the green pepper, about 1/4 of the red onion, a couple small spoonfuls of chopped garlic, 1/2 bag of leftover baby spinach, a dash of sea salt and a few dashes of ground black pepper and tossed it into my Ninja blender (that thing is awesome) to a paste like consistency. I took that mixture and then combined it with 1/2 of ground turkey and set it aside.2) I took the rest of the green pepper and red onion added a few small spoonfuls of chopped garlic and threw that in the oven at 375º F for about 15 minutes. Then took it out of the pan and set it aside. (Next time I’ll probably just cook them on the stove top rather than in the oven.
3) I took the turkey/spinach concoction and browned it on the stove top at medium heat.4) I added the tomato sauce, chili powder, paprika, great northern beans, peppers & onions and cooked at medium heat for about 15 minutes. I added a pinch of hot sauce for some heat.
When it was all done, just to keep it different I topped it off with some reduced fat feta cheese.It ended up tasting amazing. I will definitely make this again.
I had enough for dinner, enough to take to work tomorrow for lunch and probably enough to set aside for at least 2 additional servings. I’ll just have to get around to calculating the calories, protein and all that stuff.
For more Click Here.
- This might be the stupidest fucking thing I read this year. https://t.co/edYMmIdm4Jabout 1 hour ago
- Chilli Crew MC Christmas In July 50/50 Raffle. Only 333 tickets will be sold. $20 Donation Winner will be drawn… https://t.co/CYhfhsnxfq2 hours ago
- @edgallekfox8 https://t.co/OtyDlP4KxT22 hours ago
- I don't normally like the usage of "hate crimes," but as a biker, I'm glad this piece of shit got charged with one.… https://t.co/U2unfgnxvTyesterday
- RT @TheRyGuy02: "If y'all can retweet this enough times that Cleveland calls, that'd be greatly appreciated" @Indians @MLB @Nike #Cleveland…yesterday
- Lunch is served! Baked chicken & steamed veggies. #lunch #food #foodpics #FoodPorn #bakedchicken #SuckItPeta https://t.co/0pil1GkcQ3yesterday
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.
Losing Side of Twenty Five
Conversation with the Devil
Ray Wylie Hubbard
Crusades of the Restless Knights
7 mins ago
I Been to Georgia on a Fast Train
Billy Joe Shaver
Billy Joe Shaver
10 mins ago
Southside Of Heaven
16 mins ago
Althea - 2013 Remaster
Go to Heaven
23 mins ago
Harlem River Blues
Justin Townes Earle
Harlem River Blues
25 mins ago