Never have I thought in my lifetime that I would attend a “protest rally,” It is just quite simply the type of act that I would never imagine myself doing. That is the sort of thing that patchouli oil smelling hippies in Birkenstocks do — I have much more productive things to do with my free time.
Or so I thought.
Yes while I have been an on and off, sporadic at best blogger for the past few years, I have not really done anything meaningful to try and better my country, other then showing up on election day and casting my ballot.
Today I made the decision to call off of work and head down to the local tax day tea party rally in Cleveland.
I am so very glad that I did.
It was a wonderful day, I had a great big smile on my face and I am normally not one to really smile often, but it was great to be with like minded, right minded individuals.
There are still people out there who believe in this great country of ours and believe in the founding principles set forth in our founding documents.
Today was just the beginning, together we can restore the Republic.
I brought a video camera with me, but unfortunately it was an RCA small wonder that I forgot to replace the batteries, so I have nothing more then a few 15 second video snippets that are not worth posting, which is a shame because Carlton C.J. Williams closed the rally with a great version of God Bless America.
Here is one great picture I took though with my iPhone, of one of my favorite signs at the rally, a great quote from Gerald Ford.
For more Click Here.
- I need to name her. She's 114hp 124 ft lbs of torque beast if pure American bad assery. She needs a name. I'm open… https://t.co/9N9J6O7Mxj2 hours ago
- First White Turkey run of the year. #motorcyclerun #motorcycleseason #FLSTF #fatboy #HarleyDavidson #NEOBikers… https://t.co/lPsymugGqY8 hours ago
- My little cuddle buddy. Well one of them, I have the other cat on my legs and the dogs legs rammed into my ribs. Ki… https://t.co/C0HImIX4Fq12 hours ago
- So I went ahead and picked this up today from fairporthbrmc 2013 Fatboy & she ain't stock. Custom built… https://t.co/mptrJrEvu12 days ago
- @CLETalkingHeads WrestleMania2 days ago
- @andy_baskin @923TheFan my CYO basketball ball team went on a trip to a CSU game & Mouse McFadden refused to sign a… https://t.co/UZXDtgfTip3 days ago
The Eagle (feat. George Strait)
Living For A Song: A Tribute To Hank Cochran
43 days ago