Here comes some great news for those people who’ve ever had to fart on a bus, or an airplane or in any other public place. No longer is there any need to be worried, no longer do you have to cower in shame or release a test fart. You can fart freely, knowing that your gas may help save lives.
Via The Western Daily Press:
The smell of flatulence has secret health benefits – and could help stave off cancer, strokes, heart attacks and dementia, scientists have revealed.
Hydrogen sulfide is one of a number of potent smelly gases produced by bacteria as it breaks down food in the gut.
It is toxic in large doses but in tiny amounts it helps protect cells and fight illness, according to boffins at Exeter University.
When cells become stressed by disease they try to draw in enzymes to generate their own minute quantities of hydrogen sulfide.
The chemical helps to preserve mitochondria, which drive energy production in blood vessel cells and regulate inflammation, and without it the cell can switch off and die.
Researchers have thus come up with a new compound named AP39 to assist the body in producing just the right amount of hydrogen sulfide that it needs.
They believe it will help prevent or reverse mitochondrial damage, which is a key strategy in treating conditions such as stroke, heart failure, diabetes, arthritis, dementia and ageing. READ MORE…
For more Click Here.
- I need to name her. She's 114hp 124 ft lbs of torque beast if pure American bad assery. She needs a name. I'm open… https://t.co/9N9J6O7Mxj2 hours ago
- First White Turkey run of the year. #motorcyclerun #motorcycleseason #FLSTF #fatboy #HarleyDavidson #NEOBikers… https://t.co/lPsymugGqY8 hours ago
- My little cuddle buddy. Well one of them, I have the other cat on my legs and the dogs legs rammed into my ribs. Ki… https://t.co/C0HImIX4Fq12 hours ago
- So I went ahead and picked this up today from fairporthbrmc 2013 Fatboy & she ain't stock. Custom built… https://t.co/mptrJrEvu12 days ago
- @CLETalkingHeads WrestleMania2 days ago
- @andy_baskin @923TheFan my CYO basketball ball team went on a trip to a CSU game & Mouse McFadden refused to sign a… https://t.co/UZXDtgfTip3 days ago
The Eagle (feat. George Strait)
Living For A Song: A Tribute To Hank Cochran
43 days ago