Here comes some great news for those people who’ve ever had to fart on a bus, or an airplane or in any other public place. No longer is there any need to be worried, no longer do you have to cower in shame or release a test fart. You can fart freely, knowing that your gas may help save lives.
Via The Western Daily Press:
The smell of flatulence has secret health benefits – and could help stave off cancer, strokes, heart attacks and dementia, scientists have revealed.
Hydrogen sulfide is one of a number of potent smelly gases produced by bacteria as it breaks down food in the gut.
It is toxic in large doses but in tiny amounts it helps protect cells and fight illness, according to boffins at Exeter University.
When cells become stressed by disease they try to draw in enzymes to generate their own minute quantities of hydrogen sulfide.
The chemical helps to preserve mitochondria, which drive energy production in blood vessel cells and regulate inflammation, and without it the cell can switch off and die.
Researchers have thus come up with a new compound named AP39 to assist the body in producing just the right amount of hydrogen sulfide that it needs.
They believe it will help prevent or reverse mitochondrial damage, which is a key strategy in treating conditions such as stroke, heart failure, diabetes, arthritis, dementia and ageing. READ MORE…
For more Click Here.
- Some good eating going on today. #wildgamedinner #grilling #barbecue #meat #suckitpeta https://t.co/CxJqGxLfoB6 hours ago
- So it's National Puppy Day. This guy is almost 11 but he's still the world's greatest puppy in… https://t.co/zxZ2ifZu7b23 hours ago
- New shirt came in today, thanks ohiogratefuldeadfamily #GratefulDead #ohiogratefuldeadfamily #OH… https://t.co/KvzHhbRkQvyesterday
- My morning moment of Zen. #coffee #pourovercoffee #coffeeporn #cubiclelife #cubicle https://t.co/hOmCC1wd5i2 days ago
- @AdamtheBullFAN https://t.co/61ILajARh93 days ago
- It's been a while, made some chili. Have not lost my touch. https://t.co/PmsdLuhc6J4 days ago
Turn It Up
6 mins ago
10 mins ago
14 mins ago
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme
Rattlesnake Rock 'n' Roll: The Best of Blackfoot
18 mins ago
Standing In The Shadow
Slide It In
22 mins ago