Here comes some great news for those people who’ve ever had to fart on a bus, or an airplane or in any other public place. No longer is there any need to be worried, no longer do you have to cower in shame or release a test fart. You can fart freely, knowing that your gas may help save lives.
Via The Western Daily Press:
The smell of flatulence has secret health benefits – and could help stave off cancer, strokes, heart attacks and dementia, scientists have revealed.
Hydrogen sulfide is one of a number of potent smelly gases produced by bacteria as it breaks down food in the gut.
It is toxic in large doses but in tiny amounts it helps protect cells and fight illness, according to boffins at Exeter University.
When cells become stressed by disease they try to draw in enzymes to generate their own minute quantities of hydrogen sulfide.
The chemical helps to preserve mitochondria, which drive energy production in blood vessel cells and regulate inflammation, and without it the cell can switch off and die.
Researchers have thus come up with a new compound named AP39 to assist the body in producing just the right amount of hydrogen sulfide that it needs.
They believe it will help prevent or reverse mitochondrial damage, which is a key strategy in treating conditions such as stroke, heart failure, diabetes, arthritis, dementia and ageing. READ MORE…
For more Click Here.
- The 36th Annual Louie Run is coming up on May 5th. Join chillicrewmc for breakfast & then ride out to Sammy K's.… https://t.co/hVcKKF1NF417 hours ago
- Can't believe he's going to be 12 in a few weeks he may be an old boy now, but he'll always be my puppy.… https://t.co/N5V6RRjvbqyesterday
- It's been a while since I fired up my pressure cooker. Decided to make some chili. #foodporn #foodie #foodpics… https://t.co/Aip9e48op95 days ago
- @GVartwork @obj should totally do that with his hair.6 days ago
- TGIF. Enjoying some Buffalo Trace & A Kentucky Fire Cured Cigar. #Botl #cigaroclock #NowSmoking #DrewEstate… https://t.co/oCMa4uV3ND8 days ago
- @KenCarman @SportsBoyTony it's not OBJ vs LBJ. It's Browns vs everything. Cavs could have won all 4 during the retu… https://t.co/a5pS9tm6UB9 days ago