Via Eric Boehm at The Liberty Crier
The most recent congressional threat to the free press in the United States comes from California Democrat U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein.
In a proposed amendment to a media shield law being considered by Congress, Feinstein writes that only paid journalists should be given protections from prosecution for what they say or write. The language in her proposal is raising concerns from First Amendment advocates because it seems to leave out bloggers and other nontraditional forms of journalism that have proliferated in recent years thanks to the Internet.
Read more here.
For more Click Here.
- RIP Malcolm Young. I lost my grandfather 3 years to this day to dementia. I know what he and his… https://t.co/6oNW5YOWnp5 hours ago
- TGIF #NowSmoking #cigars #botl #CigarOClock #blackopscigar #distinguishedruffian @ Crew Shop https://t.co/Fs48o8uhUp17 hours ago
- #Truth https://t.co/o3lSOCEXzLyesterday
- Wednesday night chillin' #NowSmoking #cigars #CigarOClock #botl #ajfernandezcigars… https://t.co/IuYn66ucph2 days ago
- RT @marcorubio: Similar,but needs work on his form.Has to be done in one single motion & eyes should never leave the camera. But not bad fo…2 days ago
- Mail call! Got some goodies from @CigarsIntl #cigarsbymail #stogies #dieselcigars… https://t.co/r2HM6OLRzW4 days ago
Ain't Gonna Drown
Speed Trap Town
Something More Than Free
6 mins ago
Ramblin' Jack Elliott
Best Of The Vanguard Years
10 mins ago
Hard Worn Trail
14 mins ago
The Science Of Making Choices
17 mins ago
Take Me Out of the City
22 mins ago