Via Eric Boehm at The Liberty Crier
The most recent congressional threat to the free press in the United States comes from California Democrat U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein.
In a proposed amendment to a media shield law being considered by Congress, Feinstein writes that only paid journalists should be given protections from prosecution for what they say or write. The language in her proposal is raising concerns from First Amendment advocates because it seems to leave out bloggers and other nontraditional forms of journalism that have proliferated in recent years thanks to the Internet.
Read more here.
For more Click Here.
- My little cuddle buddy. Well one of them, I have the other cat on my legs and the dogs legs rammed into my ribs. Ki… https://t.co/C0HImIX4Fq2 hours ago
- So I went ahead and picked this up today from fairporthbrmc 2013 Fatboy & she ain't stock. Custom built… https://t.co/mptrJrEvu1yesterday
- @CLETalkingHeads WrestleManiayesterday
- @andy_baskin @923TheFan my CYO basketball ball team went on a trip to a CSU game & Mouse McFadden refused to sign a… https://t.co/UZXDtgfTip2 days ago
- Clutch! @MrKennyKidd the @KenCarmanShow has the best bumper music on the Fan.4 days ago
- @KenCarman https://t.co/DGQqUoK0I412 days ago
The Eagle (feat. George Strait)
Living For A Song: A Tribute To Hank Cochran
42 days ago