Via Eric Boehm at The Liberty Crier
The most recent congressional threat to the free press in the United States comes from California Democrat U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein.
In a proposed amendment to a media shield law being considered by Congress, Feinstein writes that only paid journalists should be given protections from prosecution for what they say or write. The language in her proposal is raising concerns from First Amendment advocates because it seems to leave out bloggers and other nontraditional forms of journalism that have proliferated in recent years thanks to the Internet.
Read more here.
For more Click Here.
- @BetoORourke Whoever thinks your being "naive," has it wrong. You are not naive. You are straight up fascist.12 hours ago
- @BetoORourke Umm no. Your original tweet was the Benito Mussolini like threat against all freedom loving citizens of our great republic.3 days ago
- For the last two decades the lunatic progressive fringe have accused conservative and liberty minded citizens of be… https://t.co/kVQeVvu6vE3 days ago
- Happy Friday the 13th Eve! #JasonVoorhees #fridaythe13th #horror #horrormovies https://t.co/9Es0mvVPnj3 days ago
- I love my pets, I really do. It's just a little tougher when I clean up after them. #pethaireverywhere #pethair… https://t.co/J4mvGPp0kw3 days ago
- @TheBeardedDJ @Browns Dear @Browns I think this dude deserves free season tickets for life. Also, please quit embar… https://t.co/NS4rGzLNfq5 days ago
Truckin' Sessions Vol. 3
49 mins ago
Oklahoma Gypsy Shuffler
Old Town Rock N Roll
54 mins ago
I Travel On
58 mins ago
Heads or Tails
David Allan Coe
60 mins ago
1 hour ago
LA County Blues
The Band of Heathens
One Foot In The Ether
1 hour ago