To the people of Finland, I’m sorry and embarrassed for you.
Move over Google Glass, there is a potential new invention that is sure to warm the hearts and have the porn industry excited over its possible uses. High above the mucky muck in a castle made of clouds, researchers at the University of Washington have found a way to kill a yak from 200 yards away with mind bullets! No, not really, what they have done however is figure out how to send commands from one person’s brain to control a different person’s muscle movement using the internet. Thank you, Al Gore.
Using electrical brain recordings, some left over supplies from the back room of their local Radio Shack & the magical power of magnets, Rajesh Rao sent a brain signal to Andrea Stocco’s finger which was firmly planted on Stocco’s hand on the other side of the campus causing the finger to move on a keyboard.
The team had a Skype connection set up so the two labs could coordinate, though neither Rao nor Stocco could see the Skype screens.
Rao looked at a computer screen and played a simple video game with his mind. When he was supposed to fire a cannon at a target, he imagined moving his right hand (being careful not to actually move his hand), causing a cursor to hit the “fire” button. Almost instantaneously, Stocco, who wore noise-canceling earbuds and wasn’t looking at a computer screen, involuntarily moved his right index finger to push the space bar on the keyboard in front of him, as if firing the cannon. Stocco compared the feeling of his hand moving involuntarily to that of a nervous tic.
“It was both exciting and eerie to watch an imagined action from my brain get translated into actual action by another brain,” Rao said. “This was basically a one-way flow of information from my brain to his. The next step is having a more equitable two-way conversation directly between the two brains.”
It looks like in about another 50 years no one will ever have to leave their house or have any real physical contact with another human being ever again.
Read the whole story here.
For more Click Here.
- @BetoORourke Whoever thinks your being "naive," has it wrong. You are not naive. You are straight up fascist.11 hours ago
- @BetoORourke Umm no. Your original tweet was the Benito Mussolini like threat against all freedom loving citizens of our great republic.3 days ago
- For the last two decades the lunatic progressive fringe have accused conservative and liberty minded citizens of be… https://t.co/kVQeVvu6vE3 days ago
- Happy Friday the 13th Eve! #JasonVoorhees #fridaythe13th #horror #horrormovies https://t.co/9Es0mvVPnj3 days ago
- I love my pets, I really do. It's just a little tougher when I clean up after them. #pethaireverywhere #pethair… https://t.co/J4mvGPp0kw3 days ago
- @TheBeardedDJ @Browns Dear @Browns I think this dude deserves free season tickets for life. Also, please quit embar… https://t.co/NS4rGzLNfq5 days ago
Truckin' Sessions Vol. 3
9 mins ago
Oklahoma Gypsy Shuffler
Old Town Rock N Roll
14 mins ago
I Travel On
17 mins ago
Heads or Tails
David Allan Coe
19 mins ago
23 mins ago
LA County Blues
The Band of Heathens
One Foot In The Ether
27 mins ago